TNO, SDO, and Centaur Lists
All ephemerides and coordinates for these tables and plots are calculated
- Table 1: Published Observations
- This table lists all the published observations that I have found for each
object. It includes phometry (by filter: BVRIJHK), spectroscopy,
lightcurves, and any other observational measurements. To get a plot of the
discovery and recovery statistics of TNOs, SDOs, and Centaurs (and how many are
``endangered'' or lost), click on the image to the right to get a JPEG image, or
get the PostScript version here.
- Table 2: Positions and Magnitudes
- This table provides very approximate positions and magnitudes.
Objects are ordered by RA and grouped by month of opposition. Each object
is linked to it's entry in Table 1 for cross reference. To get a plot of
the positions of TNOs, SDOs, and Centaurs, click on the image to the right
to get a JPEG image, or get the PostScript version
- Table 3: Objects with Satellites
- This table lists all the known multiple TNOs and some of the
known parameters. A reference list of related papers is also included.
- Table 4: Identification Cross-References
- This table lists objects that have numbers and names and cross references them with the provisional designations.
- Table 5: Images of TNOs, KBOs, EKOs,...
- Unusual Kuiper belt related images
xephemdbd from the excellent XEphem program, and are
based on elements from the MPC
For clarity, I give coordinates to only a few arcminutes precision in these
tables. If you are looking for more precise positions or ephemerides, I
recommend the following:
Also, see the Observer Support
page for: past observation information of ``lost'' objects, requests for
collaboration, and links to personal web pages providing information about
observations made/planned by other observers.
The Distant EKOs newsletter and web pages are managed by
Send e-mail to: