Making Shorelines with Bryce
Here's how to make a fairly realistic-looking shoreline, with
its own texture, where a Bryce terrain object intersects a
horizontal surface such as a body of water:
- Make a copy of the terrain object: this copy will be your
- Compress the shoreline object vertically, but leave its horizontal dimensions
and position unchanged.
- Move the shoreline object vertically to adjust where it intersects
with the original terrain object. It will always intersect along a
horizontal line: position this level just above the water level.
- Add a little noise to the elevations in the shoreline object,
so that the intersection with the original terrain object is a
little more realistically uneven.
- Give the shoreline object some suitable texture.
- That's all!
Return to John Spencer's Home Page