So, what am I talking about?
- Recall that between ~4 and ~10AU, we find that oligarchic growth can make gas giant planet cores if disk mass ~5X
minimum mass nebula.
- When cores reach ~10 they should start to accrete gas from solar nebula.
- There is ~ 70 of solids in this region.
- Cores are about 10-15 4-5 cores.
- Largest core(s) start to accrete gas from solar nebula, they disrupt oligarchic growth.
- Remaining cores gravitationally scattered by growing gas giants.
- Their orbits circularized by trans-planetary disk.
- In roughly 50% of the cases we have run, we get a reasonable solar system.