The Role of Giant Planets in Terrestrial Planet Formation
Hal Levison, Luke Dones, Craig Agnor, Robin Canup, & Martin Duncan
We have modeled the late stages of planet formation under the gravitational influence of a variety
of giant planet systems.
The giant planet systems:
The 100 embryos were:
- Were real or taken from Levison, Lissauer, & Duncan (1997).
- Were stable for at least 1 billion years.
- Mass = 0.04 .
- Eccentricities and sin(i) < 0.02.
- Uniformly spread from 0.5 to 3.1 AU. May miss
- Direct N-body using SyMBA.
- Assumed `perfect' accretion.