(Wetherill, Chambers, Agnor, Raymond)
- Oligarchic growth ends when damping (via small guys or gas) is too week to keep the big guys cool.
- As damping decreases embryos scatter each other
all hell breaks lose.
- Widespread radial mixing of embryos over the entire inner Solar System..
- Terrestrial planets in our Solar System: (also see Chambers & Wetherill; Agnor et al.)
- Usually get 2 big planets and some little guys.
- Takes between ~30 and ~200 Myr.
- However, our systems are more excited than the real systems.
Initially had 100 lunar- to Mars-sized planetary embryos.