The Good – Primitive Main Belt Asteroids (Levison et al. 2008)
- The asteroid belt (AB) shows a wide range chemical compositions.
- Highly process objects on inside (M- and E-types).
- Primitive, organic-rich objects on outside
(D- and P-types).
- Has traditionally been interpreted as indicating physical changes in the solar nebula.
- However, we find that we trap objects from the trans-planetary disk in the outer AB.
- AB composition variations says more about dynamics of planets formation than solar nebula.
- Matches of the orbital distribution of D-types.
- Also matches number and size-distribution.