The Nice Model and the LHB
- In Gomes et al.(2005) we saw that we can produce LHB by delaying the resonance crossing.
- Happens naturally if we use more reasonable initial conditions:
- Clear particles from between planets.
- Place a gap between the planets and inner edge of disk.
- Inner edge where particle dynamical lifetimes ~ nebula lifetimes.
- We performed several simulations and found crossing times near
700Myr for reasonable inner disk edges.
- Again, planets are on reasonable orbits.
- We find that ~2x10-8 of the particles would hit the Moon.
- Given our disk of 35ME
- This is consistent with observational estimates of ~6x1021gm.
- All hits at one time.