Solutions to Hot Systems?
- Damping due to a small amount of gas (Agnor & Ward).
- Works if the planets can form first.
- However, attempts to include in planet formation simulations fail. (Kominami & Ida)
| Without Drag
|| With Drag
- Damping due to a very large number of small background particles.
- This has the advantage that it could be regulated during the process because small objects generated during collisions.
- System gets too hot more collisions
more little guys
- System gets too cold fewer collisions
fewer little guys
- However, this is numerically difficult because it requires a very large N.