Local Arrangements for Visitors to SwRI®
Links to useful pages for visitors
Link to information on driving to Boulder and transportation from Denver International Airport (airport code DEN).
Link to accomodations and attractions in Boulder.
Live webcams from Boulder, including the 9th-and-Pearl-cam located two blocks from our office.
Finding our offices (1050 Walnut St) by Car
Our offices are on the 3rd, 4th and 5th floors of the Exeter Building,
located on the southwest corner of 11th and Walnut. The entrance is on
11th St. There is a parking garage across 11th street, accessible from
NOTE: At this time,
construction on our street will cause you to take a detour to get to
parking near our office. Mapquest directions will tell you to take a
right onto 11TH ST, which is currently blocked by construction. Use the
following directions instead.
If you are driving from Denver, you will enter Boulder on RTE 36 (the "Boulder Turnpike").
- RTE 36 becomes 28TH ST as you enter Boulder.
- Stay on 28TH ST past Arapahoe Ave; take the next left LEFT onto CANYON BLVD.
- Continue on Canyon for 1.1 mi, cross Broadway, then take a RIGHT onto 9TH ST.
- Take the next right onto WALNUT ST.
- Straight through the stoplight at 11TH ST; then right into the entrance of the parking garage.
After parking, cross 11TH ST to the entrance of the Exeter Building.
The LCANS workshop will be help on the 4TH floor of the Exeter Bldg.
SwRI phone number: 303-546-9670.
More on Local Accomodations
- The St Julien Hotel and Spa is the closest hotel (next door to our office), but also one of Boulder's most expensive.
- The Hotel Boulderado is within easy walking distance and slightly less expensive than the St Julien.
- The University Inn is a no-frills, inexpensive hotel within walking distance. Reasonable price, but rooms could use a face-lift.
- The Quality Inn and Suites
is about a 10-minute walk from our office. It's reasonably priced with
nice clean rooms, but some guests have reported that their rooms have
- There are a few Bed & Breakfasts in Boulder. Their availability may be limited.
Feel free to call Joyce Gottshalk (303-546-9670) in our office with
questions about local accomodations. Joyce can email a spreadsheet to
you on request with phone numbers and SwRI pre-negotiated rates at many